Feenix Language Solution specialized area of marketing translation not just about translating the text into the target language, it’s about conveying the correct marketing message in the target language. There can also be cultural issues and issues of tone and writing style to be taken into account. Marketing translations are therefore often quite lateral, and need a certain specialised approach on the part of the translator.
Below marketing translation is therefore as follows:
- • Translators are native of the target language, and either in-country or have close regular links with the country. To ensure up to date language and correct style.
- • We use specialist translators for marketing translations who have experience of translating this type of text.
- • We consult clients on the intended target audience, this isn’t only about language, for example are you aiming to reach the general public, academia, a specific social class or age demographic.
- • We consider appropriate use of language in the explicit target market, for example there are occasional words in Spanish which are in common use in some countries but would be offensive in others. European French is becoming increasingly permissive of use of English words within the target language, but this is not generally true of Canadian French.
- • Marketing translation is quite a broad field of work, and for example translation for branding and advertising may be quite different to website translation, even though they may both be marketing focused. We select the most appropriate translators for the individual assignment.
- • Unsure about which languages are required for a particular market? Talk to us about your needs and we can advise.
- • We translate a wide range of marketing materials including: brochure translation and leaflet translation, translating websites, label and packaging translation.